Monday, June 20, 2011

My little ray of sunshine is an ass.


Little bum swallowed a chicken bone! I couldn't believe it until my heart dropped into my rectum. Alabama isn't much of a beggar and rarely sneaks into the garbage but the little snitch pulled one over on me last night. Well, she more or less pulled one over on my mom who witnessed Alabama chomping away on a fatty and delicious treat. I bolt into the kitchen after hearing the unmistakable (and sometimes guttural) roar only a mother is capable of when her child does something severely wrong. The damage was done, a greasy thigh ingested by little Sweet Home. I start freaking. The one thing I remember from my brief veterinary exposure is chicken bones = bad = hollow = splinters in the belly. After one snapped x-ray and a spenny checkout at the emergency vet the doctor determined that she'd be okay because the bone appeared small enough to pass. Phew, close call. I get a little spazzy when it comes to my little girl. Crazy dog lady here, I have a Clumber Spaniel t-shirt to prove it. For the lazy, this is a Clumber Spaniel a.k.a. the chillest dog known to man.


photo (credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment