Sunday, July 10, 2011

a much needed post

I've gone a little DIY crazy the past few days --- scouring blogs like they're my own personal candy shop (they kind of are, right?). Two things are happening in the near future 1) a picture post of my recent creations and 2) a list of my daily reads. Until then, here are some photos I've taken inspiration from lately!

Water Serpents II c. 1907

Gustav Klimt --- 'nuff said. I sense an almost quilt-like quality to some of his pieces.

Rhinoceros Beetle c. 2011

The artwork of Rebecca Ladds. She's gotten a lot of tumblr hype lately and I understand why. Check out her art blog here (also noted on the piece above) --- you will not be disappointed!


I don't know where this image is from but I love anything and everything anatomical. I have a miniature skull collection and I'd like to eventually make some tiny polymer clay skull beads. For now, I'm relying on some of the plastic variety.


A color collage from P.S. I made this... It's from last April but I still find relevance in it. The website has some cool tutorials too!


New Cannonball Blues by TV on the Radio is the perfect song jam to while working. The video to go along with the song is pretty cool as well. Such a bummer I missed them when they rolled through Detroit. I got mad love for Tunde!!


And lastly, the best company any girl could ask for! Hah! What'd you expect, my dog is my baby!

2 comments:

  1. woah, that art is good! def checking out her tumblr and blog! and your dog is so cute :)

    thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I love the nature/tattoo feel of it all! and thank you!

    ReplyDelete