Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sally Hansen Crack-attack

These pictures don't do the polish justice but I'll give my review anyway. I need a little something more than a point-n-shoot to get the job done or I really suck at setting my camera's functions. If you can spot my problem by all means let me know what the deal is. First things first, I bought the polish at Target for 6-something dollars after scouring many-a-CVS, Walgreens, Bed Bath & Beyond, you catch my drift. I had tiny hopes BB&B would carry the cheap Mia Crackle polish but sadly, it's an exclusive internet thing in my neck o' the woods.


I filed my nails into a square-ish shape and painted them into a rainbow of sorts --- almost a tropical Skittles thing going on.


From thumb to pinky the polishes are:
  • Revlon Top Speed in Cupid
  • Sinful Colors in Paradise
  • Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Lacey Lilac
  • Sinful Colors in Unicorn (not the first name I would've suggested)
  • Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Green With Envy
So after lacquering them babies up, I proceeded to apply Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Snow Blast. BE FOREWARNED! You only need a thin coat otherwise it'll look like you dipped your fingers into white out and picked at it until your little heart's content. Hence the name overcoat.

Either way, the nail polish has a chipped white-out effect and the wear-ability is meh in my opinion. You can tell from my lineup of drugstore purchases I'm not a nail polish snob. Butter? What's that? I was under the false assumption it is something only spread upon toast. Better yet, I still dream about getting my grabby hands on a nifty bottle of that Chanel with a matte black finish. I once again digress. The results are as follows.


I didn't choose base colors with a ton of contrast because much to the chagrin of my boyfriend, I like to look corny. The texture reminded me of split jelly beans that crack as you pull them apart. Here is another photo for good measure.


I think this about sums up my review of Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat. It's funny how fads die out and re-emerge. I remember a brief period during the late 1990s/early 2000s when crackle nails were the It-thing of my sixth grade class --- a medley of Destiny's Child and TLC bumped from my portable headset while I polished my nails in pre-pubescent bliss. Girl. Power.





3 comments:

  1. Cute:) I have the purple by Sally Hansen. I want to buy the green one! http://thelittlepetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard quite a few people say they didn't like the Sally Hansen crackle polishes. I still think I might try it, though.

    xox Courtney Michele
    Breakfast in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not head-over-heels for it by any means, especially the white. It drys super fast and if you put just a little too much on it looks kind of chunky and gross. I also tried it in Antique Gold and I'm more pleased with the results than with the white. I remember a super cheap Wet n' Wild gold glittery nail polish that was very similar in color and five bucks cheaper. Even though the crackle line is semi-disappointing in my opinion, I still love Sally Hansen fast dry & complete salon manicure lines!

    ReplyDelete